Right now I'm working evenings which aren't TOO bad... I mean, I get to sleep in every day at least. My schedule changes all the time, but I think I'm getting hazed this first week. 7 days straight, 3 evenings and then 3 nights. ICK. This doc seems like he is going to be a great teacher though. He makes me give a definitive diagnosis before I even see the chart. I suck at it and it's not fair because I realize how wrong I am the second I look at labs, but he doesn't expect me to be correct all the time. So that's good. Yesterday was all chest pain and CHF and crap like that... (boringgggg!).....Maybe there will be a big gun fight in the hood right before I go to work today. One can only hope...
So I'm staying with these people that my mom hooked me up with. They are the parents of a girl that works with her. (Jim and Pat) They are very nice and a little on the crazy side, but I'm just grateful to have a place to stay. Did I mention they are VERY Italian, VERY loud, and VERY hungry all the time? haha. I got here on Sunday evening around 7:30, and they were like, "Heyyyy sit down, have a beer!" (as they throw me a Keystone Light). Jim then proceeded to interrogate me....
*Scene: Jim is a short dark-haired italian man with a mild NYC accent speaking incredibly loudly to a slightly nervous blonde-haired girl sitting at a small kitchen table. Pat listens from the back room where she is smoking a cigarette.
JIM: "I have a serious SERIOUS question to ask you before you can move in to my house."
PAT: (mumbling) "Oh jesus, here we go." *walks out to the back room and lights her cigarette*
ME: "ok...Let's hear it."
JIM: "Are you weird?"
ME: "What?"
PAT: (yells from the back room) "JIM! GOD DAMMIT! LEAVE HER ALONE! DON'T BE SCARIN THE POOR GIRL AWAY!"
JIM: (to Pat) "I'M NOT SCARIN HER JESUS CHRIST!!" (Back to me:)... I mean, like, you're not a vegetarian or anything right?"
ME: "Well.. No, I eat meat...."
JIM: "Alright, well I mean, what kind of food do you like?"
ME: "I'm not picky I eat just about everything!"
JIM: "Stew?"
ME: "Yes"
JIM: "Chicken Parm?"
ME: "Yes"
JIM: "Lasagna?"
ME: "Yes"
JIM: "Steak?"
ME: "YES"
(This continued for a good 10 minutes. Then FINALLY:)
JIM: "ALRIGHT SHE CAN STAY!!"
LOL. So that's how it is. So much for losing 20 lbs before I go to Hawaii!! EFF! I'm going to do my best, but last night Jim made these cornish hens in the rotisserie with asparagus. He also made me a meatball sub with mozzarella cheese to take to work with me today. He is retired and every day he goes to the store, gets food, makes dinner, and packs lunches for his daughter, his wife, and now ME for the next day. haha! Best place EVER.
I also went to the bar on my first night here with Melissa (Jim and Pat's daughter) and had a great time. I got to meet some of her friends and see a few of the places down town. It was very nice. This should definitely be an interesting rotation! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment