Monday, March 30, 2009

RECAP

Well, I am officially the worst blogger ever. Or maybe I'm just lazy... Probably a little of both. Anyway, I am no longer in Bridgeport!! YAY!!! I got the heck out of there, passed my surgery exam, and now I am stationed in Harrisburg, PA for my internal medicine rotation. I just started my THIRD WEEK (holy crap I didn't even realize I've been here this long until now!). This rotation is going VERY well. The hours are SOOO much better than surgery, although I REALLY do miss being in the OR. IM is nice too, but not quite as exciting. 

I'm living with 2 really great girls named Lauren and Amanda. I got SOOO lucky to find this place! (thanks mom!)  I think we get along pretty great. And the setup is AMAZING. Hurray for no more JAIL CELL!!! woo! It's also great that I'm close enough to friends that I can visit them on the weekends.  :) 

Speaking of weekends. This past weekend I went to Philly for this thing that Lauren told me about called Kegs for Cancer. (sweet right?) It was $20 for open bar for 2 hours and all proceeds went to charity! What a great idea! It was such a good way to attract the younger crowd. Yeah, well leave it to me to cheat the system. Even if it was for a good cause. I met up with Ashley (yay!) and we had one heck of a night.

Somehow, we ended up drinking the ENTIRE NIGHT on $20. (We got there around 8:30) The bartenders just were not checking our wristbands. This was a very bad idea. Especially since I was thinking, "I only have 2 hours! Better get them in while I can!!" and then "while I can" turned into THE WHOLE NIGHT. What a MESS that turned out to be!  Not going to get into details, but lets just say it involved a forgotten cab ride, getting completely lost for 2 1/2 hours, and one pretty serious leg trauma. LOL. Needless to say, it was  hysterical! However, it was not so funny on Sunday when we all wanted to DIE. I will NOT be drinking that much again for a very VERY long time. (ever said THAT before??) mmmmhmm.

Anywho, I got out early today, so I am SUPPOSED to be working on my paper... but I am blogging instead.... and thinking about napping... haha. OOPS. I guess I really should do something productive. I will try to blog more often! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Hedgehog

Mr. Hedgehog